During the weekend of 28-29 February ,Eunice ladies participated in a multitude of sporting events during the annual McDonalds Sports Day hosted by Hoërskool Fichardtpark. On Friday, Eunice ladies competed in tennis and chess, and on Saturday in netball and hockey. Due to the rain and accompanying lightning on Saturday, only three rounds of the netball tournament could be played and some of the hockey matches were shortened. While many of the Eunice teams were competing in Bloemfontein, the first team hockey girls were playing in the Voortrekker Hockey Festival in Bethlehem.
Some Highlights from the McDonalds Sports Day include:
- Eunice A were the overall winners of the tournament
- Eunice B took second place at the tournament
- All the netball teams won the matches they competed in.
- The u/17 girls were leading 2-0 vs Fichardtpark before play was interrupted
The first team at the Voortrekker Hockey Festival:
- u/18A won against Witteberg 11-0
- u/18A won against St Anne’s 1-0
- u/18A drew against Voortrekker 1-1
While many matches were cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, all can agree that Eunice ladies were out to make the most of the sporting opportunities the weekend offered.
From Left to Right, Back Row:
Lee-Gre Botha, Theresa Zietsman, Kayla Swarts, Helen Rauch, Helen Meyer (Conditioning Coach), Taheera Augousti, Luke Makaleni (Assistant Coach),
Chrismari Alexander, Nika Nel (Coach), Danike Mulder.
Lael Malherbe, Jay-dene Duimpies, Tarryn Saunderson, Clarice Solomon, Lienke Lombard, Megan Pelser.